Published by Lucas Cioffi over 3 years ago in Open Space Community.
Use this page to help participants in Open Space and other kinds of highly participative meetings manage their own proceedings documentation work, with very little direct facilitator support required.
This page allows the meeting organizer or facilitator to
1. set up a virtual NewsRoom with any number of supporting documents (the initial invitation, summary of what happened, participant contact information, notes table of contents, and any other text-based appendices that might be needed),
2. load in a customized notes-taking template format for participants, (usually this would include issue, conveners, participants, summary of discussion and sometimes additional notes on actions, resources, and such). the template can also include anything conveners need to know about logistics, like "all notes are due by 7pm on day two so that they can be printed and distributed on the morning of day three."
3. give participants a simple, single link to this page, to allow any participant to create and name a cloud-based notes document for their session, get the template info, type up their notes, allow colleagues to review and edit (with authorship tracked), allow additional post-meeting commenting and finishing work if needed.
4. edit the names and ordering of all the pieces of the proceedings document.
5. aggregate all the intro and appendix pieces into a single document for printing and distribution.
future... 6. find and mailto the nearest copy store and 7. delete all notes from the server.
Pricing (?): $50 for first 50 individual notes/supporting documents, $25 per additional 50 documents, provides 90 days access for set-up, event use, and post-event processing and review. Extended access $25 per quarter.